What is the PTSA?
PTSA stands for the Parent, Teacher, and Student Association and is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and an all-volunteer group that supports all Woodridge students by promoting an environment that encourages a sense of community, personal growth, safety, positive values, and open communication.
What does the PTSA do?
The Woodridge PTSA organizes parent volunteers and raises funding to support school programs such as:
- An annual Festival of Culture celebrating our students' diverse cultural backgrounds
- Academic programs including the Science Fair, Academic Summit, and funding for Classroom Specialists and Teacher Aids
- The annual Book Fair, Field Trips, Author Visits, Family Movie Night and more!
Why should I join?
- It's good for your child! Research shows kids do better in school when their parents are involved.
- Improves the quality of our school! PTSA raises funds to support important academic programs, grants, and more.
- You'll get connected! Through your involvement in the PTSA, you'll have the opportunity to connect with teachers and administration and meet other parents in your community.
- Be a role model! Show your kids how much you value education and community.